Tuesday, August 22, 2006

2006 Puppet Show Tour Ends

rex&boots

We did it. Last week we completed Swazzle's 2006 summer puppet show tour. We traveled hundreds of miles all over Southern and Northern California, and performed around 130 puppet shows.

I was pleased that both puppet shows, Rex and Boots Super Sleuths and B.A.R.K. The Robot Dog, were very well received. Everywhere we went we had huge crowds - many people reported that we were there biggest draw. Thanks to all of my friends and family that made it out to the shows. Thanks also to all of my Puppet 101 readers that came out as well, it was nice to meet so many of you this summer.

Of course our work here at Swazzle never ends. In September we begin a four show engagement at the NoHo Arts Center called Swazzle on Stage. Audience will get to see Harry and the Tyrannosaurs Rex, Rex and Boots Super Sleuths, B.A.R.K. The Robot Dog, and Polly Polar Bear and the Prince of the Sea in a proper theater setting.

Right now Patrick is busy designing some cool t-shirts for our Swazzle Store (check his blog for updates), I'm designing a brand new swazzle.com (it's going to be awesome!), we're all gearing up for our December holiday tour, and we're already making plans for our 2007 summer puppet show tour.

P.S. Now that I'm off the road, I'll be able to update my blog more regularly, so stay tuned.

No comments: