Sunday, February 05, 2006

B.A.R.K. Production Journal: Puppet Ears and Tongue, Step 7

Now I'll attach the puppet's ears to the head.

ears12

First find the proper placement. You want to make sure the ears are an equal distance from the top of the head, and in line with one another. If you are having difficulty centering them, take the puppet to a mirror. This is a technique I use when sculpting, it helps you to see imperfections. Once you've got the ears in the right spot pin them down.

ears13

Using the same stitch I described in a previous post, sew the ears to the head.

ears14

The head is nearly finished. Next I'll begin work on the puppet's body.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Wow, that looks great! I can't believe how smooth the fleece is... I can only hope to get it half that good at best I imagine. Looking forward to the body.

Tom

Sean Johnson said...

Tom,

I had to work my way through lots of bad puppets to get to where I am today, and I've still got lots to learn. Good luck.

Sean