Tuesday, January 03, 2006

B.A.R.K. Production Journal: Puppet Head Fabrication, Step 3

fabrication20

Now that the orange fabric is pinned in place it's time to cut the muzzle out. Cut as carefully as possible to give yourself a nice clean edge to work with.

fabrication21

For those of you just tuning in to this on going puppet building project, click here to see where it all began. Once the puppet is done, I'll be posting a complete project overview. I'll provide links to every step of the building process in order from start to finish. I will also be adding that to the links section of the blog for easy reference. For now, we've still got a ways to go so stay tuned.

As always if you have a specific question or need more clarification please leave a comment, or drop me an email, sean@swazzle.com

4 comments:

Tom said...

Dear Sean,
If you can go more in detail (Close Up) on the stitch you use to hide the seam. I use a baseball stitch and was wondering if that is the same you explain.
Tom Stewart

Sean Johnson said...

Tom,

I'm not sure what this stitch is called. How is a baseball stitch done?

Sean

Sean Johnson said...

Tom,

From the information I was able to find online, the baseball is a different stitch. In the baseball stitche the stitches are being sewn at an angle. In the stitch I use the thread is running parallel to the cut. I'll try to get some pictures of it, and post them - so check back soon.

Sean

Tom said...

The "baseball" type stitch looks like the stitch used on a baseball :-) If you run the stitch parallel to the cut doesn't it bunch up when you tighten the two together? You said you will try to get photos, so I won't bug. Hopefully, I can help you someday :-) Thanks.
Tom