Tuesday, December 13, 2005

B.A.R.K. Production Journal: Terry Cloth

terrycloth

With head construction complete (except for the ears) it's time to start fabricating. Because Antorn fleece (or Muppet fleece as it's commonly known) is synonymous with the look of Muppets, I usually try to stay away from it. I think it's important that our puppets have their own style. Instead, I will be using terry cloth. This material is easy it come by, it takes dye well, and it has a nice texture. Working with terry cloth can be challenging because it tends to fray easily, but If you are careful it should be fine.

1 comment:

Hil said...

Hi Sean, I'm enjoying reading your tutorial - it's really good. I like using terry cloth, too, and sometimes we can get stretch terry cloth here (in Australia) which doesn't fray much (it's rather like interlock in this respect), and it also stretches, which can be really useful. I've also found a kind of similar fabric which is called something like feather fleece, which is also good for non-fray and stretch, and has a very soft feel - a good light alternative to fur. The rabbit I made about a year ago has this kind of fabric covering.

It's cool to see all the people in your company blogging!

Cheers,
Hil