At last it's time to attach the arm rod to the puppets hand.
1) Wrap bailing wire around the main rod about a quarter of an inch below the 90 degree bend.
2) Run the wire along the bent part of the rod to the end.
3) At the end of the rod, make a small loop with the bailing wire.
4) Wrap the wire around it's self and the rod about a quarter of an inch down to secure the loop, and snip off the extra wire. Now you should have a small secured loop at the end of your rod.
5) Cut a small hole at the puppets wrist.
6) Insert the rod into the puppets palm - the loop should face the fingers, and the main rod should hang out at the wrist.
7) Using a needle and sturdy thread sew through the palm material and around the loop until it's secure.
8) Sew trough the material and around the bend until it's secure.
9) Sew up the small hole in the wrist.
There, all finished! That is how I make arm rods. Please feel free to follow these steps, or invent a few of your own.